Remembrance Sunday is a day to commemorate the contribution of
military and civilian servicemen and women in the two World Wars and
."They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them."
You can see a short video based on Laurence Binyon's poem "For the Fallen" by clicking here.
1914 - 1918
Skeet, Abraham We remember especially Abraham Skeet buried here :
- Rank: Private Service No: 18726
- Date of Death: 21/07/1916 Age: 35
- Regiment/Service: Norfolk Regiment 3rd Bn.
- Additional Information: Son of Abraham and Mary Ann Skeet; husband of Harriet Louise Skeet, of Mill End, Gayton, King's Lynn. Born at East Walton.
- There is a lot more detail of Abraham's life click here.
Cropley, William Thomas
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of Death: 15/06/1917
- Regiment/Service: Essex Regiment
- To read more about William click here.